Thursday, April 28, 2011

Letting Go

I am born with this stupid habit of giving a lot of gyaan. A wise person once said I'd be a good Agony Aunt. I guess she was Right. I remember writing this long time ago for a friend. I decided to share it cause I realise there are more like her there. This post is dedicated to all those who 'Hold On' pretending to be very strong, without realizing that its 'Letting Go' that makes you stronger.

-- Letting go is a natural release of emotions which follows a realization that holding on only stays with an emotional drain and pain

You did
something stupid
In your memory it seems to last
You think about it everyday
Its a blast from the past

You meant to say things
But decided to keep shut
And now the same things
Have become a daily Rut

It fills your mind with regret
and your heart with pain
But thinking about it day and night
Will soon drive you insane

Letting go is not standing up for a fight
But standing up for what is right.

Letting go is not giving up or giving in
Its about getting through without a sin

Letting go is not to stop caring
Its only finding other people to care for

Letting go is not to stop believing
Its about strengthening your faith

Letting go is not
hanging on to the past
But getting a foothold in the present

Letting go is not " THE END"
Its only a new beginning

Letting go is all about not
regretting not looking back
Letting go is not easy to do
But sometimes its the only way to heal you

6 comments:

  1. But it can be easy, even when it's difficult. I posted an article on the evolution of letting go that you might find useful. I recently discovered a method of releasing that, for myself, allowed for a deep, effortless, and natural letting go. Here is an excerpt:
    I somehow came to the very freeing understanding that letting go (or trying to let go) was still dualistic and served to strengthen the separate self-sense, the sense of being an individual with unique problems, a history, a past, etc… none of which is here in the present moment. In order to somehow reclaim my infinite power, which had been siphoned off by all of these conscious and unconscious programs, I began to turn the tables on the whole thing. It started with WELCOMING, rather than letting go. I experimented with welcoming all experiences, feelings, thoughts, judgments, beliefs… the whole shebang! It was powerful, but then…
    You can read the full article at the url below.
    http://www.reikichikung.com/blog/?p=16

    ReplyDelete
  2. @colin- Read your article its insightful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! It's a very rich topic...I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete